Sunday, May 20, 2012

only a little time left

Ok, so it has been AWHILE since I've posted anything. I feel like I should have been writing more during this pregnancy so I can look back on it. It has really flown by. Although this last month is kinda dragging... but I only have 2 weeks until my due date. I'm so excited to meet my little Caroline. Will she look like Cooper when he was born? Will she have my eyes? Only time will tell.

Andy and I wanted to have one last hurrah with Cooper while he didn't have to share the limelight with another sibling, so we hopped on over to Lake Livingston this weekend. (Much to my Dr.'s surprise - she BEGRUDGINGLY said I could go). It was a nice retreat from the city and all that distracts us from each other in our everyday lives. Since there was no WI-fi or cable TV, we really got to have quality time together. Andy and I even worked on a puzzle one night after Cooper went to bed. I love puzzles by the way. And reading, which I did late into the night both nights.

But now we are back home and things really got back to normal. I've washed a load of clothes, Andy has mowed the yard, Cooper has wrecked the playroom and the living room, and life has picked up where it left off. With lots to do!! I still have tons of sewing to do for the nursery. Curtains, finishing the crib quilt, bumper pads, and pillows for the matching daybed in her room all need to be made. I keep working on it little by little and hopefully it will all get done before she gets here. I haven't packed my bags for the hospital yet. We don't have any tiny diapers yet. The changing pad and covers are coming in the mail. The swing is still in the attic. And I think I've forgotten exactly what it's like to nurse and care for a newborn. Maybe that last thing will just come back naturally. Boy am I a procrastinator or what?!

So there. Now I'm caught up on one thing for the week. Blog post completed. Maybe there's hope for me yet. :)